Monday, August 16, 2010

38 weeks pregnant...and counting!

Last Thursday, August 12th, I was 38 weeks.
At this point she is the size of a watermelon. 19"-22" and 7-1/2lbs.


What a fun journey this pregnancy has been. I cannot believe that within the next 10 days our baby girl will be here. We are ready for her! Her things are all set up, her clothes & blankets are washed, our bags are packed for the hospital, Chloe's bag is packed too (with several outfits & bows to choose from, of course!), pregnancy pictures have been taken, the house is spotless, the car has been detailed, daddy had new tires put on the car too, I have organized the entire house, made several Goodwill trips, organized some more and now, we are patiently waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

Being that I'm due in 10 days, I think to myself everyday, will today be the day? How will it happen? Will I just begin to have contractions every 10 minutes? Will my water break? Will my labor begin in the middle of the night? Will it begin while I'm out running errands? Questions, questions, questions!

According to my Doctor, on the 28th of July, Chloe weighed 5lb 14oz...which means that right now she weighs close to 7lb 14oz, being that baby gains about 1/2 pound a week the last month. Really? An 8lb baby. I would have never guessed it. I do realize though that the Dr.'s can be off on the weight estimation.

Speaking of weight, my Dr. told me at my appointment last week that he is so pleased because I am all baby. All baby, huh? I don't feel like all baby! Especially being 9-1/2 months pregnant, in August, in Texas. Can you say HOT? Wow! I never thought I would be sleeping at night with the air on 70 degrees, two fans blowing and no blankets. Who does that?! I have to say though, it is so worth it. We were so excited when we found out we were pregnant because we tried for a year. I would do it all over again, even in the Texas heat, and we haven't even held her yet!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful friend! You are so cute with that belly!!! We cant wait to meet baby Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one cute belly and Chloe will be more than adorable! I cannot wait to meet her, smooch her, and spoil her :) Love you friend XOXO

    ReplyDelete