Thursday, July 8, 2010

Recap of my SC Vacation

I am forever grateful to Katie who blessed me with a trip to see my best friend and her family. I haven't seen them in 2 years. Samur and I have been best friends since 8th grade. That's 16 years! While there however, I learned I'm allergic to SC. I was really sick my first 4 days there. (a great reason to get them back to TX!) I wasn't going to let that stop me from having fun though.

Matt & Samur are amazing parents. I know there are a lot of amazing parents out there but they are two that I highly admire. We will apply many of their parenting skills to our own when Chloe gets here. Their kids are absolutely the most precious ever. I cannot express how much I love them. I am honored to be their Aunt Lala. Every day Mason would walk up to me, pat my belly 3-4 times and say, 'So, hows baby Chloe doing?' It melted my heart each time he did it. They all three asked me every day, 'How many more weeks till baby Chloe gets here?' It's so special to me how much they love her even though she's not here yet.


Now on to some of the fun we had...


Of course we did some shopping. Actually, I had to mail back everything we got for Chloe while there. It is so hard to resist baby girl items.

These bibs were too cute...especially after her name was put on them!
If it were up to me, everything this baby girl owns would be monogrammed.

Of course she needed the matching burp cloths to go with the bibs.
Or, was that me that needed them? ha!


I was taken to eat Japanese food at Wasabi. It was excellent. The steak was mouth-watering and I am not the biggest steak fan.

Aunt Lala, Hudson, Aubree, Mason and Samur

Our Chef

Mason & Hudson using their chop-sticks. They were quite good at it.

We had fun at the beach. The air is not near as salty as it is on the TX coast. You feel like you have just left the lake when you leave the beach there. Absolutely no sticky feeling at all.


Aubree Lilah

Hudson & Mason jumping the waves


We went to see Toy Story 3 and for the most shocking news of all...I watched all three Twilight movies. Can you believe it!? I was anti-Twilight for the longest time. Not real sure why. I just thought it was a vampire movie and I have absolutely no desire to waste my time watching a vampire movie. I was somewhat wrong. It truly is a love story and the three movies were no different from some of the other action/drama movies I've seen before. I also compared it to Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid. Girl falls in love with someone she can't be with and in the end it all turns out great. It's just an adult version of those.
We had so much fun. I already miss them like crazy. I'm just going to keep praying every day that God transfers Matt's job back to TX!

1 comment:

  1. It was an awesome trip!!! We were so Thankful you came!! We miss you and Texas so much and are so ready to move back!

    ReplyDelete